A user’s mailbox is the virtual storage location for their voicemail. Every Regular extension you create will have its own mailbox by default. In some cases, you may need additional mailboxes that are separate to your extensions. This is useful if you need to provide a recorded message, or a general mailbox for a department or team. That’s why they are called ‘shared mailboxes’.
Each mailbox that you create functions in the same way as a user mailbox. Every time a message is left, a notification email is sent to the email address you chose at setup. You can also retrieve messages via any connected handset on the system, just as you would with your own mailbox.
Adding a mailbox
At the top of the screen, click Destinations, then click Shared mailboxes. Any existing shared mailboxes are listed.
To add a new mailbox, click the Add mailbox button.
Enter a unique 3-digit number for the queue, and a name to describe it. Then, add the email address that should receive message notifications.
Click Next then Confrim to add the new mailbox.
Configuring a Shared mailbox
Click the mailbox you want to edit. The mailbox you select is highlighted with a grey outline.
- Notification email is the email address that receives new message alerts
- PIN is the 4-digit code you must dial to retrieve messages from the mailbox, when calling from a connected handset. It is highly recommended that you change this from the default PIN code
- Play envelope specifies whether the date and time is spoken before the message
- Play caller ID specifies whether the caller’s phone number is spoken before the message
- Allow review specifies whether the caller can review their message, and potentially re-record it – before sending it to the shared mailbox